Monday, August 5, 2013

1st Week (in Cheektowaga)

New York is fantastic!!! It's soooo beautiful out here! I love it!! It's sooo green! and the skies are nice and blue. The air is fresh! (no Utah pollution). The clouds are way different. So much more depth! It kind of makes me itch to have a camera....

So my companion is Elder Lewis! He is a ginger. He is actually the same age as me. The exact same age. Like he shares the same birthday as me. Same year. So that's cool! Throw on top of that he actually shares the same first name... It was a lot of common ground to go off of at the beginning! He likes Football and hopefully will be able to play college when he gets back. He is great! Great testimony! Hard worker. He definitely has a good working ethic. I lucked out there!




We are also in the best apartment in the mission! We are living in the upstairs of a member's house. Greg, our landlord, is 23ish and lives below us. Way chill. We have a washer and dryer that we use, a workout bench that we can use and a pool table/ping pong table we can use! Except for we don't really have time to use those. Ha! But it's definitely a nice apartment with a chill landlord. He is single but we are expecting him to pop the question to Amy his girlfriend real soon.... I mean he is building her a Hair Salon in the basement (side note, tiling everything even and flat is harder than expected). He's the definition of stud and pro ping pong player. He's chill. 

I met the Black version of Brent. His name is Frank. He is a less active older guy but has such a strong testimony! He works on Sundays but his schedule is changing. Hopefully we can bring him back to church and then we can start helping him work towards the temple. Because he has lots of deceased family that needs work done for. Elder Lewis and I definitely got a strong feeling that is what he needs to do. But great great guy!

We also did some service for this older couple in the ward. They are sooooo funny! They are just a spunky couple. They are converts so it's hilarious! Good people though!

I am officially converted to romen (noodles) and cereal. I'm going to start getting a feel for this and add some healthy fruits and veggies in there to have more balanced diet. 

I haven't had too many opportunities to really talk to investigators since most our time has been with less actives. But we had a good weekly planning session and are going to make sure we balance everything out. We have high hopes and a strong testimony that if we try our hardest and go to work, the Lord will guide us!

They want me to sing. In a Quartet. With Elder Lewis, Elder Housekeeper and Elder Buxton (the two other Elders in our apartment). Needless to say, the lady was really mad at me at first when I kept asking questions about the musical vocab and when I was singing bad. But then I think she realized I was being serious and wasn't goofing off... Oops! ha Well, maybe people will just be asleep when we sing in Sacrament... One can only hope!

The Sites were amazing! We gotta briefly swing by last Tuesday before they transferred us all out. Sacred Grove wasn't what I thought it would look like but was still way cool! And the Hill Cumorah was sweet! We get to take an investigating family up there this Friday! It's way sweet! I'm way excited for that. They have received most of the lessons, we just need to help them feel the influence of the Holy Ghost and hopefully feel that conversion. I haven't met them yet though... haha

Elder Christensen
76 Pheasant Lane
Cheektowaga New York 14227




No comments:

Post a Comment