Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Missionaries Sang as They Drove, and Drove, and Drove.

Wow! Where to start...

Monday was Train the Trainers meeting. It was pretty basic and boring as far as meetings go. It can be summed up in "Be a good example to your trainee and don't get them killed." That took up a large portion of P-day so we left Elder Ipson and Elder Powers in Greece to pack and say goodbye to people while we went to Pittsford for the meeting.  Elder Ipson was a hoarder and was packing up until the very last minute. He had to leave quite a few things behind.

Tuesday! We finally got Elder Ipson packed, crammed it all into the little Cruze and were off to transfer meeting! It was a good little meeting. Quite a few influential missionaries for me went home or are going home this next transfer. But I got my new little trainee, Elder Steven Roberts.

Elder Roberts is a good guy. He is from Portland, Oregon and moved to Kaysville, Utah when he was about 12. He went to Davis High School. He was the photographer there and head of the Digital Photography Club. He is an introvert.

Sister Winert's "Greenie Dinner"



Wednesday we drove clear down to Prattsburgh for that court date. I finally got that ticket taken care of. It was "Dismissed." And I didn't have to pay anything. Which to me seemed like a very good result. Elder Roberts first day consisted of almost 4 hours of driving and 1.5 hours of court. He was asleep most of the time. Can't blame him. I was tired my first day too!

Thursday we had Train the Trainees! Again in Pittsford. That took up a large portion of our day as well. It was.... very basic meeting as well. But we got Elder Roberts iPad all fixed up and ready to go. Finally.

Sunday I gave a talk in church. Elder Passey and I were supposed to only do 5 minutes each and then the high councilman would do the rest.  We.... Took more time than that. Ha! My assigned topic was D&C 18:10. I mainly focused on the blessings of sharing the gospel (The joy, increased testimony, etc).

I finally heard back from the senior couple over Facebook training. I made a PowerPoint for the information on Internet Proselyting.  President is having them take it to the different zones and present it. They also sent back a list of changes they want made. Sadly, it appears that the information is not going to be shared correctly and won't be even a fraction as useful as it could be for the mission. It seems that it's a little too much for the senior couple to understand not to mention teach. Oh well, I'm doing what I can to help. I just had to extremely simplify it to make it less likely for people to get confused.

One conclusion from all of this week packed of meetings? Well, we will be walking around for the rest of the month as we are so significantly low on miles. Plus we have Zone Meeting, I have a doctors appointment and there is an "Adjusting to Missionary Life" meeting in Pittsford before the end of the month. We usually have 33 ish miles a day to use. For the rest of the month, we'll have a little over 10 miles a day to use. (Which goes by way way way quick). It'll be interesting!

On another note, I feel like I am going to be able to drive around a large portion of my mission without using a gps or anything. At least I can get around Rochester and Buffalo without a GPS. Had to do all the traveling this week from memory. It was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment