Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Modesty and Stuff

So last P-day we went to Niagara Falls. Super sweet. I've already seen it but it was fun. We got pretty much the whole zone there except the sisters. So it technically wasn't a zone p-day. So we weren't breaking any rules of having a zone p-day when we already had one this month. Ha! There was also 4 chill elders from Rochester that this super sick member drove them out to the Falls. It was fun! He was pretty cool.




For the FHE activity we went to this little "park" in downtown buffalo. It's a free golf course that is made up up different holes designed by local groups/artists to resemble some of the great things of Buffalo. It was pretty fun! It was a large turnout. Turns out my mini golfing skills has drastically gone down over the two years.

Tuesday we spent most of the day helping the sister's investigator. Her name was Sister Nancy. She was like a 70 year old hippie lady. It was pretty interesting. We were helping her with some yardwork. Her husband passed away only a couple weeks ago. I got to use a riding lawnmower and start to dig out a hole in the ground that she wanted to build a pond in. And also plant some trees. I think the pond was supposed to be a memorial pond for her husband. The funny part is they were all grateful that we came to help. I kept telling them that I was all excited and happy to do it so I could get my tan on! Then sister Nancy was like "Well then take off your shirt!!" Haha! I like gave Sister Rogers a "What the crap?" Look and she just laughed. But then Sister Nancy was all "Oh I know you guys like your modesty and stuff." I was more of just thinking 1. I'm a missionary. 2. My stomach hasn't seen the sun in 2 years. I don't want anyone going blind.

Tuesday night we got dinner from our R.S. President Jen. I don't know if I mentioned a couple weeks ago how me and Elder Whatcott came up with her proposal story about how Ammon from the ward would propose to her? And how their celebrity name was Jammon? And how the whole proposal revolved around a candlelight dinner and jam/toast. Well she invited us over for dinner. Ammon was there. We had a candlelight jam/toast dinner. It was super super funny! It was their sweet revenge. But that's okay. I got a free meal. We had other breakfast things too but it was super funny.

AP's exchanged on Wednesday. That wasn't too bad. They blitzed our area. Pretty much we just both went street contacting in different areas. So it was pretty effective. Elder Littlefield and I worked really well together at getting some super solid contacts and handing out a ton of Book of Mormons. So that was nice! Wasn't too bad for an AP exchange.

Then back to back exchanges with Amherst. I went with Elder Fauga. He is a Polynesian. He is super funny. He is kind of a devia. We tease him about it all the time though. He likes it. Ha! Turns out that his companion (our district leader) is not very fond of me at all. hahaha I don't really care though. It was because I defended his last companion as a good missionary and gave him suggestions on how to work with him rather than just letting him complain about him and telling me about how he was a bad person. But it was a simple exchange. I helped him map out his area so they were more organized on their list of potentials.

Friday was pretty simple. Saturday was pretty interesting. It rained a ton. Like it literally never stopped raining. 100% all day. Wasn't too hard the whole entire time but it was pretty hard rain for a good chunk of it. We ended up having 2 moves to do that day. A missionary correlation meeting was a no-show with our mission leader. So that was awkward. But a solid fun day.

We have a plan for our next Zone Meeting to be Whose Line Is It Anyway? version of a training. I'm thinking that it will be like a bunch of games like Whose Line Is It Anyway but have the situations be missionary situations. Mainly focusing on the street contacting/tracting situations and handing out Book of Mormons. We really haven't gotten all the details crammed out yet... But yeah.

The rain has slowed us down a little. We are doing a lot of finding. There is a shocker haha! Do that a lot out here. But It seems to be doing well. We handed out 49 Book of Mormons this week. So that's pretty cool. The mission is pretty much already out of Book of Mormons. So that's a problem. ha!

Elder Haws had a really cool experience. At the stake missionary fireside on Sunday evening at the Buffalo chapel he got to see an old Less Active Member that he worked with. The guy used to be a biker, long hair and just all tattooed up. But he was clean shaven, cut hair, tattoos covered up by the sleeves of his suit. Almost unrecognizable. He looked like a high councilman. He came up to Elder Haws and was telling him about how he (Haws) had played a major role in changing his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment