Pretty much all my socks have holes in them. It's getting to that point. ha!
"A human voice will probably shock her enough to say yes!" - M. Russell Ballard during Priesthood session. Basically all the advice I need for when I come home, right? ;)
Tuesday we blitzed Medina. It was pretty fun. I went with Elder Wilson and Whatcott went with Elder Gaudet. Elder Wilson is training Elder Gaudet. Elder Wilson is only on his 3rd transfer and just got finished being trained. It went pretty well. I'm 2/2 on getting stuck in mud on exchanges while driving the truck. We got out plenty fine but the side of our truck had mud all over it. A guy thought he recognized me. It was pretty funny. He was like "HEY! Didn't recognize you all dressed up like that." I walk up and try to street contact him. He realized I wasn't who he thought I was so he walked away pretty quickly. It was great!
The Sisters had a meltdown this week. It was super super super sad. They were out visiting someone that called them on Monday (Yes, on P-day). They ended up just yelling at them and being rude. It was the tipping point. We didn't find out until Wednesday during District Meeting. We were having #RealTalk as a district as a training. I don't know where it was supposed to be going but the sisters ended up mentioning that happened. We got talking and it turns out they really have sucky P-days and have no idea what to do. We lovingly and very boldly started telling them how to have a good P-day. Started trying to get them to relax and have a little fun at times. They just go-go-go. They don't even take half a second to relax during lunch. So far they've been reporting back to us some of their "fun successes." Such as they blasted Called to Serve in the car as they drove home and sung at the top of their lungs. We were proud of them for that. It's a good start.
Because of that we are having a P-day tomorrow. All those within 15 miles of us (New rule) are coming to Amherst. We convinced the Senior Couple from Medina to come babysit us so we could have the sisters come. The sisters are only allowed to have P-days with us if there are a senior couple and if they don't see us in exercise clothes. And if we don't see them in exercise clothes. And we can only do that once a month. So.... After the long list of restrictions we are hopefully going to have a P-day to have some fun for the sisters and get them to relax a little.
Wednesday we had a meeting with President Pace. He is awesome! He is the Stake President. Spiritual and physical giant. He is just so on top of things. We discussed the missionary work within the stake with us and Buff South ZL's and President Francis and other Stake Leaders. It was great. He is just so on top of missionary work. And he is fully behind us with our Musical Devotional coming up on the 19th.
Thursday We taught Niall. He is just a stud. He's our rocket scientist investigator. Except he isn't a rocket scientist. It was a super cool lesson. We went through the bible and shared scriptures that talked about the organization of Christ's original church. He had some solid questions that really took us off guard but we were able to answer them really well. One of those good Spirit guided answers. It was a sweet lesson! When I blanked, Elder Whatcott was right there to jump in.
Friday we had MLC which is Mission Leadership Council. It was interesting... It was more of a Mission Leadership Meeting/training. We didn't really get to counsel anything... We briefly talked about some brief topics. They made a new rule that we aren't allowed to have workout videos because the Elders could see a girl in "Inappropriate clothing." I got a good chuckle how there was no mention of sister missionaries seeing buff shirtless guys. Haha! We did talk about what made an effective missionary. People were saying good planning and stuff. I jumped in and mentioned that I thought the most important thing is that missionaries are happy.
Saturday General Conference at the church then we went over to the counselor in the Branch Presidency's and watched it with the YSA.
Sunday we had to watch it at the church by ourselves and the Amherst Elders because we were not allowed to watch it with our YSA branch because the sister missionaries would be there. And because there would be food and we would be "hanging out" to watch General Conference that would be inappropriate for us to be there while the sister missionaries were there as well. With our entire congregation.
However in the afternoon session an adorable 3 year old girl and her family came to watch. I was definitely making faces for the first talk until she went to go play in the nursery.
General Conference was great! President Monson looked a little skinnier and didn't seem quite as healthy. But sure was spunky in Priesthood session! Holland's and Uchtdorf's were both great talks! I also enjoyed Kevin W. Pearson a lot as well! I got a good chuckle that of course since I'm in the YSA branch, it seemed that all the talks were about marriage! Hahaha! Gotta get my branch to get all married! ;)
Tender mercy of the week. Between sessions we were out delivering event flyers for YSA who don't come. Ran into the Lawrences from Lancaster. They were an AWESOME older couple. We stopped by their grandson's house while they were there enjoying Easter Sunday. I was super glad to see them. They were doing good and Sis. Lawrence seemed a lot healthier which was great!
It was a busy week!
No comments:
Post a Comment