Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Send me "Make this in 10 minutes for the cost of very little" recipes


This last week we already spent our temple trip for the transfer as we only get 1 per transfer. But the member who works at the temple gave us a ride up so it did not cost us any miles. Which was great! The temple is pretty much amazing. Always go there with a question or something I need help with. I am currently 2 for 2 on getting my answers to my worries, concerns or questions within the next day or two. It's pretty sweet. We also got to spend time in the Sacred Grove just chilling and enjoying the spiritual feel to it. It was awesome!


As for this last week. Adjusted to switching to the bike and am pretty happy with it. It is keeping me in shape and is releasing those exercise endorphins or whatever the Health Teacher would tell us about that made us think that exercising would make you happy. Which I'm sure it does. It seems to. 

It is getting cooler really fast in this neck of the woods. We are starting to see a lot more rain and a lot cooler temperatures. Which is fine because at the first of the week it was really hot and humid. When we got back from the apartment on our bikes, I looked like I had jumped in a pool of water. It was a nice look for me. So i'm thinking I like the nice mist of rain and the cooler temperatures better. But not so sure about how I feel about this snow stories. (Snow as tall as the people. It just builds and builds). I hear we get to shovel snow a lot. Good thing I am well practiced in the art of snow shoveling without a snow blower.


I still find myself talking about Silver Rush a lot. It always just seems quite applicable. I find myself realizing how great of an opportunity that was for me and being a Student Body Officer was. As I have learned tons about leadership, motivating people, delegation, working together, etc. Lots of applicable stuff out here.
We finally got the Home teaching lists all out. So we now have home teaching going on out here. Everyone back at Utah can stop complaining. These people have 8-10 families per companion ship on their list. With tons of flakes and hostile people. SOOOOOOOOO........ Getting 2 families that are usually pretty nice and open to having you over is nothing.

The ward relies on missionaries a lot out here. We teach classes, Give talks (I gave one yesterday), help with home teaching, ward counseling, say prayers, help fuel conversations and discussions, welcome people and etc etc etc. I'm getting the feeling that between service and everything we do as missionaries out here, I will be a man of many hats when I get back. Elder Houskeeper should open a dating service for how often he seems to have people confiding in him with relationship stuff or lack of relationship. It is kind of funny. Because obviously as a missionary he isn't going to do dating service. But funny none the less.

Frank (Our black, less active, Morgan Freeman look-alike) came to church again! It's awesome! He is really jumping back into the ward feet first. It's awesome! He hopefully will be able to set his sights on the Temple, go get his lady friend from North Carolina (member) and hit up the Temple for all Eternity. It's exciting to see how that is all going! We are hoping the best for him!

We were going through the ward list and dotting everyone on our map. With 1/3 of the way through we had 21 dots. 20 were less actives. 1 was a member family. If that helps give an idea of what the Cheektowaga area is like.

BUT we also had 113 people at church on Sunday which is AWESOME because when I got here it was like 60. So we CAN reach that high numbers and my personal goal is to get that chapel completely full on a Sunday. Hopefully we can continue to reactivate and with an actual home teaching program we can get everyone back under the same roof and fellowshipped. Tons of work to do. Not exactly a "hey, I got 5000 baptisms coming up." But I don't care. Helping less actives is just as important. Plus we have 2 potential investigators. So just keeping up the work!

All is well in this neck of the woods. I don't know if there are any other details I left out. Feel free to send as many little "Make this in 10 minutes for the cost of very little" Meal ideas/recipes. Or top Ramen recipes. I'm always up for new things.






No comments:

Post a Comment