Monday, September 29, 2014

Dang it, Leaves are Changing

The leaves are changing colors! It's getting too close to fall :/ I'm not excited about the cold weather.

It's not a usual Fast Sunday at church in New York unless someone bears their testimony about their cat.

I love the southern baptist feel. We have this black guy who used to be baptist. He's great in the ward! Powerful speaker. But he'll get up there "It's a blessed Day, let us pray."

With the new iPad update, the iPad prompted us to get its new free Apple Apps (similar to iBooks). So we said whatever and it downloaded. The new apps are mainly keynote (PowerPoint) and Numbers (Excel).  Needless to say, both have already proven to be useful! Hopefully, they don't ban the apps. As of right now the iPads are allowing us to have them. We have been using the excel sheets to complete a "Who's who?" List of the whole ward roster. It's pretty sweet! Gotta love technology.

U2 Appearing on iPads
I've been trying to put a lot of effort into building up the ward mission plan and things like that lately. Since I probably only have 5 weeks left here. I am hoping I can get everything nice and organized before I leave. The new Assistant Ward Mission Leader and I have been trying to cook up some new things. Currently the ward doesn't Even have an official ward mission plan. So we are trying to build up the ward missionaries and everything to get the ward to be a more missionary focused ward. The goal is to have the ward always thinking about missionary work. Sadly, we've already met some resistance with lack of support. Sadly, even including from my own district. I had a whole district meeting on discussing ideas and things to improve the ward/missionary relations. I might as well have been talking to a wall.

Weird politics across the Mission: In a weird turn of events, we have 2 zone leaders training a new missionary each (split ZLs) and a former AP training TWO missionaries who is also done with his mission at the end of this transfer (halfway through training). Really really weird.

Gladys Knight referrals have been interesting! Most of them just wanted the gift bag. But we have 1 really strong potential named Rosemary. We also have another willing to meet with us and come to church. But... She also wants us to attend one session at her church. How she talks about it sounds like a nice set up for us getting anti'd and bible bashed. So that'll be interesting.

Elder Richins
It's great to have Elder Richins in the district. I've missed that kid! He is great! Lots of fun and extremely funny. It helps liven things up. Love that kid.

Looks like a Missionary
The Mall - only P-day entertainment

If "Oct" means 8 then why is October the 10th month?  Darn inflation. Laundromat is more expensive now.

Service: making crafts at the community center

You can answer the door - we know you're in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment