Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Transfers

Transfer calls. How about that? Basically, crazy stuff. It was the weirdest transfer. We tried to do a transfer board and call it. Basically, we guessed a couple things but other than that, nothing. Some seriously weird weird things went down with who was called into leadership and moved around and what not.

Glenn is getting transferred. He is going to Geneva English. Surprising. Seriously surprising. Honestly, I figured he would go. BUT I thought it would be to like Zone Leader or some strong leadership position. Basically he is just "killing off" a kid that's going home next transfer. I'm getting Elder Daugs. (Pronounced Dawgs). He came out with Elder Glenn and Roberts. I guess they want me corrupting these newbies! Nah, Daugs is really chill. So I'm excited! I think it's mostly because President is afraid to send any missionaries that might slack off to Wellsville. 1. Because it's doing well. 2. Because The Millers would chew 'em up and spit them out.

Well, we are working with Lisa to get her to quit smoking. Fingers crossed! It'll be tough but hopefully she can stick with it!

Aundey is still crazy. We went over to her house to help her move the firewood. Can I just say, wood furnaces are a horrible idea? So horrible.... Not worth it. Electricity. 21st Century. Especially if you're a 55 year old women who can't move firewood and have to depend on missionaries.

So... we almost crashed a truck again. It was a snowstorm.... haha! We were doing SOOOO well driving up to Hornell for District Meeting. It wasn't snowing super bad but there was a good amount of snow on the ground. Well, I was nervous so I trusted the GPS instead of my knowledge of how to get there. We ended up taking the bad way. It's not horrible BUT it goes down a huge hill right before you get to Hornell. So I'm almost stopped at the top of the hill. 4 wheel drive.  Slowly roll over the top and start heading down. Doing well. Pushing the breaks. Doing well. BUT, right before we get to the end it, it makes you do a pretty sharp turn. Honestly, I don't know why this road wasn't closed for the winter. The sharp turn leads out to a highway from the country road we are on. Super nervous. So I start to turn.  IMMEDIATELY I lose control ha! So I'm pumping the breaks. Start sliding hardcore. Truck starts to slide out of control. So I make the quick decision to turn towards this side road (I honestly thought it was a driveway at this point). The back end is sliding out towards a sign and a tree that are next to each other. We are like "CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!" The truck catches the ground and shoots forward and I pull it into the side road probably within 2 ft of hitting that sign. It was sooooo close. I'm glad I was accelerating for when it caught. It was soooo crazy! But haven't destroyed this truck yet!

The family we are teaching responded well to the Plan Of Salvation.  Still asking good questions. Talked about baptism. The kids seemed to be down with the idea. Just got to get the fiancĂ© liking it and get them to church. Hopefully the Christmas party this Friday helps fellowship them and they want to come church. Fingers crossed!

Other than that, same old same old! I got the whole spill on why we aren't allowed to go visit the Branch President (He lives just outside of the mission boundaries). For over 10 years missionaries were allowed to but the current mission president said no to it. Him and the other family that lives just outside of the boundaries are not fond of it. The 2 main families live outside the mission (barely) and the other family lives in Hornell's area. Oh the struggle is real.

All is well though!

No comments:

Post a Comment