Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Week in Wellsville

Well... This week was Christmas!  Because of that, we basically had extremely little to do. No one wanted to meet with us. Every response was "After the Holidays." So we didn't do much...

Tuesday we went door to door leaving He is the Gift cards and a pass-a-long card for the Joy to the World DVD. Our plan is to go back sometime in the next week and tract those doors. See if the pre thought did anything. It's like our own little Inception.

Wednesday was our Christmas Eve party. It was SUCH  long drive. 2 hours to get to the mission office. I was dying. I had to do the driving and I was sooo bored by the end of it. Then we had to drive 2 hours back that evening. I've done soooo much driving this last month. I think we guessed I've driven about 50 hours of driving. Blah! Anyway, the Christmas Eve party was pretty good. We had a little talent show. Basically, just all the talented people sang and did some musical thing. Then we went into the gym and did more fun talents. Including a magic show by some English Elder that is new. He was pretty good. Also a "True NYRMer Rap". That was pretty funny! Then the Hornell sisters roped us into being background dancers to them doing a rap. The rap was a "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission". It's pretty funny. We made it rain with Mormon.org cards. They had a huge white elephant gift exchange. I found a Polaroid 600 for 3$ at the local thrift shop. So I threw that in the white elephant gift. It seemed to be a hit. I won a white elephant mirror. It was an elephant mirror with white written on it. Then we all just chilled and played board games.

Christmas. We had morning breakfast with a Less Active family. The daughter was not happy because she wanted to open the rest of her presents and her parents didn't want her to open any until after we left. It was awkward all around.  So we ditched out quick. Then we hung out at the church and ate junk food. Skyped. More junk food. Then went to dinner with the Millers (The Senior Couple). Then went home.

Friday was rough because (once again) no one wanted to meet with us because it was still Christmas week. We kind of just dragged our feet around trying to find things to do. Saturday was easier. We had Zone Meeting (up in Canandaigua) so that was a good 1 hour 45 minute drive.  It was a good zone meeting. President Pitts from the Canandaigua ward gave a training as a guest speaker. He was the Mission President in the Provo Mission. It was a really good training! Afterwards, the whole zone raided Taco Bell. I love Taco Bell. So cheap. So good. Then we went to the temple with Glenn, Hamilton, Hornell Elders and Hornell Sisters. Glenn is in Geneva now (same zone, just east of Canandaigua). So we got to chill. It was nice. The temple is a pretty cool place.

We had to give talks at church. I'm surprised it lasted this long until we had to do talks.  Elder Daugs finished his talk at 10:30. So I had a nice 35 minutes to talk. haha! Somehow I managed. I talked about the parable of the Talents and using that for New Years Resolution. Then went into the greatest gift we can give people is the Atonement. And to share that. It flowed somehow. I don't think I rambled too much.

Wellsville (No snow!)

Wellsville Branch Chapel


No comments:

Post a Comment