Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Baptism and Crazies

Well, Lisa got baptized!

Man, was that an intense situation. Where to start. So first off, she had to have quitted smoking. That worked. She was good with that. Second, we had a struggle finding a suit for her. But we found out a dress option. Only to find out Saturday night that it was actually see through. Luckily, they were able to run to Kmart and buy some white clothes to wear under before church (I feel that's a reasonable excuse for shopping on Sunday). The program was a bit of a struggle. The branch is small. So we had to figure it all out and get everything going. Had to scramble to get people to be part of the program.

Then, the font. So... We tested the water earlier during the week. Crystal clear. Saturday we go to test the water. It's green. We realize that the COLD water is clear. The HOT water is green. So we spent all of Saturday evening just running the water through the hot valve to try and rinse out as much green as possible. It worked. By the evening we were having clear water. Much better than the last baptism (Glenn and Semadeni) who had apparently SUPER green yucky water. Well, the next day when we got there early to fill it up, it was still a little green. Slightly tinted. But it didn't look nasty just slightly tinted. So that was good.

Basically, the struggle was so real to get this baptism going. But everything worked out well. She got dunked.




Another fun little story of the week to illustrate how we are in the mental health capital of the country. (Supposedly this area is):

We get a voicemail from a random number. "Hey my name is Will _______ and I met missionaries... could I get a gospel principles manual...... I might bring my kids to church....." He rambled a little.  So we are like cool! Then before we could call back we ended up getting another voicemail while we were in District Meeting. I kid you not this is a real story.

"I need you to get me ahold of the Council of the Seventy.... I have a gift to see endless inventions that are not yet on this Earth.... I have them in a vault here in Wellsville.... It has caused me a lot of turmoil.... I saw a vision of a Russian Temple that Stallin built called the Supercenter. It must be built 3 sizes smaller and built in the center of the U.S. near Kansas City. God has told me that this area has been protected by tornados.... My inventions are worth trillions of dollars.... I need to get in contact with the people in the LDS and get safe passage.... I have enough inventions in my storage chamber to pay off the entire United States economy... But I believe that the money will be for building many temples.... I recently joined the Order of the Pope and gave my blood oath.... When we ask Russia for these blueprints (For the Russian Temple) it will cause world peace between us and Russia...."

Those are all quotes from the voicemail. Needless to say, I'm so happy it was a voicemail. I think I've listened to it over a dozen times. Turns out he is an excommunicated member that is on the missionaries "Do not contact" list. His inventions are just a bunch of things made out of PVC pipe. And here I was hoping that I could get a .5% cut of a trillion dollars in helping him get in contact with "the powers in the LDS." Darn...

It was a good week. A good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment