Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hump Day

Well, it was Hump Day! 1 year down, 1 year left. Which is just weird and weird. I only have 8 transfers left so I'm thinking 5 more companions and 2 more areas. That's the guess! I'm thinking something like that. Maybe 3 areas.

Let's see... Where to start. Hill Cumorah Pageant was pretty cool! We got to go Friday night. We all crammed into a car with a member and his non member friend. When we got there I was able to run into the Bradstreets really quick. Got the chance to talk to them. Then I decided to feel a little sick and be a little too anxious so I sat on the grass while I talked to them. It was cool seeing them. The kids look so grown up! It's crazy. It's only been a year! Then I found Curtis and his kids. He was great! He bought us some salt potatoes which I'm extremely grateful for. We got to talk a lot.




The show itself was really cool. They had some really cool special effects with fire and also a misty water with lights to do the dreams/visions. It was really well done! I was kind of shocked with how short it was. Only about an hour and a half. They skipped the whole Book of Alma! Plus a very large part of Mosiah. It was funny now to be able to recognize so much of the dialogue as direct scripture and know almost exactly where that is in the Book of Mormon.

I was very very disappointed with the Anti's at the pageant. It was a very poor attempt. There was hardly any of them. Most of them had signs that were obviously wrong (I.e. We don't believe in Christ). The guys with the blow horns were just saying very basic obviously wrong things about the church. I was just very disappointed. The random guy at Five Guys the other week was much more convincing than these guys. Oh well. They got their paycheck and I got a good chuckle at them.

Blake needs to cut his hair. I saw pictures on Facebook. Tell him to cut it into a "Flow" hairstyle. (Go to somewhere decent that does good guy haircuts). That way he can keep it longer/not have to cut it so often. Instead of spiking it up 7 inches in the front.

Saturday was Elder Ipson's birthday. We didn't do too much. Elder Passey and I got him a small green shirt that has yoda on it and says "size matters not". Because he is really small and skinnier than I am/was. Plus he loves wearing green.

Linda (our investigator that is engaged with a member) is doing pretty good. We just need to get her to church. Then she can really feel the spirit and love it. She seems to really like the Book of Mormon and accept almost everything anyway. So it's just church then baptize and reactivate the member she is engaged to.

We are also having pretty good progress with a Less Active Member who is 89. He just found the church again. So we got in contact with him.  Nice older guy. Served in all 4 branches of the military, loves to talk. He's been reading the Gospel Principles and Book of Mormon a ton! He just is on oxygen so getting to church will be a physically only possible once a month. And he'll only be able to do sacrament. But really cool guy with lots of cool stories.

Everyone else has pretty much dropped off the face of the planet. So we are going to have to find new investigators. It's a work in progress.

Why is it every time I try to sing, people laugh? Haha! #ToneDeafProbs

No comments:

Post a Comment