Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Service Week

This week was a service week. A lot of service.

Hoarders are nasty. Just nasty. We had to help a lady move. Luckily most of it had been done. But they are just full of mold, dirt, dust, other stuff that I know shouldn't be breathed in. We had to take apart all the appliances and all the doors to get everything working.  It was quite the trip! Ha! Her son (in his late 40's) was just so humbled and embarrassed. He kept asking questions about the church so figures crossed on that one.

We also helped another member family put together a yard sale. I saw an old vintage camera for sale. I offered the $5 it was labeled for. He just gave it to me for free. I googled it, if it was cleaned up it'd be worth over $400. I'm in love with these vintage cameras. I think I'll start sending ones that I find/buy at yardsales home for decoration purposes back home. Yay for Kodak Park.

We had a cool little zone meeting this week. We updated to a new way of locking up the iPads. But... Now the App Store is available for us to stare at. But we can't download anything. It might be a nice move towards them allowing us (with permission) to branch out and get some other useful apps.

The "Rochester Grey" is starting to get to me. I'm actually seeming to like the cloudy/rainy days more than the sunny/hot ones. The rain just makes everything more refreshing it seems like.

We had a really cool sacrament meeting this last Sunday. For it they decided to ask 6 people to speak. Each one briefly talked about their favorite hymn and what it means to them. Then as a congregation, we sang the hymn. I do have to say this one really stuck out to me: Hymn #131 More Holiness Give Me

1. More holiness give me, More strivings within,
More patience in suff’ring, More sorrow for sin,
More faith in my Savior, More sense of his care,
More joy in his service, More purpose in prayer.

2. More gratitude give me, More trust in the Lord,
More pride in his glory, More hope in his word,
More tears for his sorrows, More pain at his grief,
More meekness in trial, More praise for relief.

3. More purity give me, More strength to o’ercome,
More freedom from earth-stains, More longing for home.
More fit for the kingdom, More used would I be,
More blessed and holy-- More, Savior, like thee.

It was a cool sacrament meeting and Linda our investigator showed up!!! First person we've been working with (Less Active Member and Investigator) to come to church in a little more than 6 weeks! So we were pretty excited about that. It was nice to have someone come to church. Hopefully things will really get going with her. She really seemed to enjoy the music as she was crying.

Pretty much sums up the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment